Thursday, July 14, 2011

Changes

So yesterday, my sister and I were sitting on a porch swing, listening to music and watching her pregnant friend hula hoop and dance. This was odd, because my sister and I never used to hang out. We talked and stuff, but it was very rare that we actually went and did stuff together outside of our house.

She just moved back into my parents' house not long ago from an apartment after having a bunch of unexpected expenses come up. I won't lie, she got herself into some trouble. Not irreversible trouble or horrible trouble, but still trouble. But that's kind of what teenagers do. And she's still in the throes of being young. I'll admit, I'm not as crazy as her, but I still haven't given up being young yet, either.

Anyway, we were out to eat and getting drinks together with another one of her friends one night, which was also odd, and she told me I should go out with her and her friends some time. And I realized that I had never been out with her, ever. I mean like need to designate a driver going out. And we pondered on why that could be, and just decided it was because she was a bitch and just didn't want to hang out with me in the past.

So while we were sitting there on that porch swing, she turns to me and says, "I just realized why I can hang out with you now. It's because you're open minded. I could tell you didn't really care what I did before, but I still felt like you didn't approve in a way. I mean yea I was a bitch, but that wasn't the only reason." and it's true, there were times when I loved her, and I didn't care what she did, but I still was hoping she would change. Completely accepting someone is loving them exactly how they are. And I'm not talking about the fact that she parties all the time.. That's just her having fun and it's probably a phase that will end at some point. I'm talking about who she IS. Deep down, I used to want her to come back to the church and be into it like I was. And that wasn't and isn't her. Probably never will be. But like, I don't want it to be. I love her, flaws and everything. She's a free spirit, she has a beautiful soul, and I wouldn't want to change a thing about her. I always had things I wanted to change about people before.

And that's just another reason I know that whatever changes have happened in me are good ones, not bad ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment